Building up your credit can be tough, especially if you don’t know how.
Beyond the obvious strategies of living within your means and paying off debt, there are other options available to boost your credit score. But be aware, it won’t happen overnight. With a little bit of knowledge, patience, and a consistent approach, you can regain your financial freedom.
To build better credit, follow these 7 tips by leading financial experts:
- Keep an eye on your credit card balances – Aim to keep your credit utilization under 30%, which means using only about 30% of your available credit. The smaller your credit balances, the better your rating. This approach shows you are not overspending and can handle credit. Even if you pay off your balances faithfully each month, your credit score could still be affected. To get started, pay down your balances and maintain a low balance.
- Reduce your number of credit card balances – A factor determining credit score is the number of credit cards you have with balances. The higher the number (even if the balance is minimal), the more your score can be affected. Instead of having multiple cards with low balances, pay off the cards with small balances and stick to one or two credit cards. It is better to have multiple charges on one card than to spread them out over several cards.
- Keep a long history of credit on your report, even if debts are paid – Having a long history on your credit report showing good repayment is an asset to your credit score because it shows a solid repayment history. Don’t try to have old repaid debts or accounts removed just for the sake of removing them.
- Dispute your credit report if you can – It can be well worth your effort to dispute claims. You should always dispute inaccurate claims since they are not a good reflection of your credit score. Similarly, accurate claims can also be successfully disputed and removed from your credit score, especially if the claim is old and doesn’t have the appropriate records to support it. Never be afraid to dispute your account.
- Learn from your mistakes – If you are trying to rebound from bad credit, practice good credit habits: always pay your bills on time; set up automatic withdrawals; save money before making a major purchase; create a budget and stick to it; avoid taking financial risks. Being responsible and punctual with your payments will take you far in improving your credit score.
- Use secure credit if you must – Secure credit could be an option if you are trying to obtain credit but are unable to get approved for a credit card due to poor credit. Secured credit will allow you to deposit money on a card and save it for later spending, much like a prepaid calling card or debit card.
- Keep on top of your credit – Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion will all provide you with one free credit report per year upon request. It is best to spread them out by requesting a report from one of each credit bureau every four months. Doing so will allow you to monitor your credit score and quickly resolve any inaccuracies that may arise.
By following these tips and consulting with experts such as Great American Credit Repair Company, you can slowly climb out of debt and rebuild your credit with confidence.
About Great American Credit Repair Company
Great American Credit Repair Company…….because you deserve a fresh start! Call us today at 1-800-491-6578 for your FREE consultation. Our financial experts will work diligently on your behalf to raise your credit score and repair bad credit. We are attorney-approved and offer the industry’s only Money Back Triple Results Warranty to protect your investment.
How does Great American Credit Repair work to restore your credit? Approximately 79% of all credit reports contain errors and aren’t verifiable. At Great American Credit Repair Company, we have proficient understanding of the rules Credit Bureaus are bound to and how to resolve common but substantial threats to your credit score. We know most people don’t earn the credit score they deserve and will investigate every negative aspect of your credit report every single month to make sure you get the highest credit score possible.
REPAIR YOUR CREDIT TODAY by calling us Toll Free: 1 (800) 491-6578 or visiting us at http://greatamericancreditrepair.com.